The state of Idaho received a $1,227,364 grant to fund AmeriCorps programs in 2019-2020. The grants will support the service of 177 AmeriCorps members statewide.
Grants recipients are:
• Idaho State University: Idaho Healthcare for Children and Families AmeriCorps Program, $467,928 to fund 76 AmeriCorps members who will provide health screenings and education in rural underserved areas.
• Student Conservation Association receives $178,640 to fund 28 AmeriCorps members working full time from May through October in the Salmon-Challis National Forest.
• Palouse Clearwater Environmental Institute - $273,375 to fund 18 AmeriCorps members who will be placed on projects providing environmental education and conduct environmental restoration on Idaho lands.
• Boise State University Service-Learning received $58,611 to fund 17 AmeriCorps members to provide literacy tutoring in the Boise School District and the Treasure Valley.
• University of Idaho Extension: 4-H Youth Development Program $298,810 to fund 38 AmeriCorps members who will work with 4-H extension offices in 38 counties.
More information about Serve Idaho and AmeriCorps service opportunities can be found at serveidaho.gov.